Fortnite is one of the most popular games in the world and it can be played on multiple devices including a PC, smartphone, and gaming console.
Many players enjoy using a DualShock 4 controller on their PC to play Fortnite because it offers a level of control that is difficult to replicate with a keyboard.
In this article, we will show you how to play Fortnite on PC with a PS4 controller.
Requirements – What You’ll Need
To use a PS4 controller on your PC for Fortnite, you will need a PS4 controller, a PC that is running Windows 10, and a micro USB cable.
Once you have gathered all the necessary items, you will need to follow these steps to connect your PS4 controller to your PC:
- Plug the micro USB cable into the PS4 controller and then plug the other end of the cable into your PC.
- On your PC, go to “Settings > Devices > Bluetooth & other devices”.
- Select PS4 controller from the list of devices and then select “Pair”.
- Once your controller is paired, you should be able to use it to play Fortnite on your PC.
To use a PS4 controller on your PC in Fortnite, you’ll need to install DS4Windows. Here’s how:
- Download DS4Windows from ds4windows.com.
- Extract the downloaded ZIP file to any location.
- Open the folder and run the file named DS4Windows.exe.
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
- You’ll need to connect your PS4 controller to your PC via a USB cable, and then you’ll be able to use it in Fortnite.
Connecting Your Controller
Some PC games are designed to work with a controller instead of a keyboard and mouse. Fortnite is one of those games. Here’s how you can use a PS4 controller on your PC to play Fortnite:
- Make sure that the PS4 controller is charged.
- Connect the PS4 controller to your PC using a micro-USB cable.
- Open Fortnite and go to the settings menu.
- In the settings menu, select “Controller.”
- Make sure that the “Enable PS4 Controller” option is selected.
- Now you’re ready to play Fortnite with a PS4 controller on your PC!
Configuring Controller Settings
The first thing you want to do is launch Fortnite and sign in. Next, go to the settings menu on the main screen. In the settings menu, scroll down to the controller’s section and select “Change Settings”.
From here, you can change the buttons to whatever you like for each individual controller. You can also change the dead zones for the analog sticks and triggers, as well as the sensitivity.
Experiment with different settings until you find something that feels comfortable for you.
There are a few in-game settings that you will need to adjust in order to use the PS4 controller on your PC. The first is to go into the Settings menu and select the Controller tab.
Here, you will want to make sure the Type is set to PS4 Controller. Next, go to the Bindings tab and scroll down to the Inputs section. Here, you will need to bind your controller’s buttons to the corresponding actions.
For example, you will need to bind the X button to the Jump action. You will also need to adjust the dead zones for your controller’s analog sticks, which are the ranges in which the sticks will not register any input.
By default, the dead zones are set to 66%. However, you may need to increase or decrease this depending on your controller.
FAQ on How to Play Fortnite on PC with PS4 Controller:
Q: What are the requirements to use a PS4 controller on a PC for Fortnite?
A: To use a PS4 controller on a PC for Fortnite, you will need a PS4 controller, a PC running Windows 10, and a micro USB cable.
Q: Do I need to install any software to use a PS4 controller on a PC for Fortnite?
A: Yes, you need to install DS4Windows to use a PS4 controller on a PC for Fortnite.
Q: How do I connect a PS4 controller to a PC for Fortnite?
A: You need to connect your PS4 controller to your PC via a micro-USB cable and then use the DS4Windows software to use it in Fortnite.
Q: Can I configure controller settings for Fortnite on PC?
A: Yes, you can configure controller settings for Fortnite on PC. You can change the buttons, dead zones, and sensitivity to suit your preferences.
Q: What in-game settings do I need to adjust to use a PS4 controller on a PC for Fortnite?
A: You need to adjust the controller type to PS4 Controller and bind the controller’s buttons to corresponding actions in the in-game settings.
Q: Is it better to play Fortnite with a controller or keyboard and mouse?
A: There is no easy answer to this question as it depends on the player’s personal preference. Some people may find that using a controller gives them a more precise aim, while others may prefer the added mobility that comes with using a keyboard and mouse.